Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The One About Sketching

     Over the course of the last two and a half years, I have discovered a real passion for art. If you've known me long enough, then you would know that two and a half years ago was actually when my parents took me out of government school (what a blessing that was!). And if you've known me even longer than that, you know I've always loved to draw and create. It wasn't until I entered Art Studio 1 with Veritas Press Scholars Academy that I was finally able to draw to my full capabilities. Homeschooling has allowed me to be so much more. I am able to freely think and create without all the oppressive restraints. Not only that, I have  a fabulous instructor, Mr. Spirduso. If any of you are taking his classes, you already know what makes him "fabulous." Anyways, this is just a glimpse into what I've been working on.


Yep. That's my thumbnail. 
Medium: Graphite. (Sounds much fancier than "Pencil")


That's my thumb again. Different lighting, different position, different medium. More of a challenge.
Medium: Graphite, colored pencil


Medium: Graphite and Ink


Albrecht Durer. My most favorite German artist.
Medium: Graphite


I have many more sketches and painting that I have stored up, but I'd rather not crash your computer. And besides, I need to keep some to myself for those days (weeks) when I don't work on anything but really need something to show.

Star Gaze and Non-Stop Praise!

-Alexis



1 comment: