Monday, April 30, 2012

Future Plans: College

College. This topic has come up so much since I've entered high school, you'd think my life depended on it. In fact, the first time someone asked me about my plans for college, I was only twelve. The last few months I have been dwelling on those "future plans" I'm supposed to have. Therefore, sit back, relax, and enjoy the rambling thoughts of a fifteen-year-old girl.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" We've all been asked this question. Since I was a child still struggling with sharing and caring, I have been bombarded with questions concerning my future. Honestly, I've never had that career goal. Sure, I've wanted to be a vet, a police officer, and even a tour-guide in the Amazon (I was am a dreamer), but I've never had my heart set on any one job. For me, that's where the problem begins. I don't want to go into college without a plan, nor do I want college to be a place to "find myself." And how many young women go to college just to find a husband? If I'm going to spend $35,000+ of my own hard-earned money (loans are not an option), then I want it to be a huge benefit to my life. 

My daily prayer has been, "God, I'm so excited for my future and I'm so excited for what you have planned. I don't know what I want to do with my future, so I'm giving it to You. I would ask that you reveal to me, in Your perfect timing, what it is that you want me to do. I just give it all to you." Of course there are days when I'm feeling anxiety and stress because my lack of plans, but then I just have to remember that God seriously has it all planned out. There's a peace that passes all understanding when I reflect on Him. 

I wouldn't say that I'm completely without plans. I do have a bucket-list. (Does a bucket-list count as future life plans?) My bucket list isn't in order of operations, though. They are in order of importance. First and foremost, I must adopt. Preferably, I'd like to adopt as many children as possible (I'm think ten). Following adoption, I have long-term mission tripping (how my grammar teacher would cringe). Then I must live on a farm, paint my kitchen yellow, and name my two horses Pyro and Eden.


Let's stargaze.
Alexis-

No comments:

Post a Comment